What is Inspiration 9.0?
- Visual learning software
- Allows visualisation of ideas, concepts and relationships using graphics and symbols
- Improves writing proficiency
- Assists in the planning and organisation of projects, revision and dissertations
- A method where ideas, concepts, and data are associated with images. Examples include the following :
Idea and Concept Maps
Getting Started with Inspiration 9.0
- Select Create Diagram or Select Outline
- Alternatively, to open an existing project, Open File
Creating a New Diagram
- Select 'Create a Diagram' icon
- The 'Main Idea' symbol will appear type in here the main idea or title for the project / diagram
Building a New diagram
- The symbols dialogue box appears at the top left of the screen.
- To view the range of symbols select the green arrow, next to the basic tab.
- Symbols can be dragged and dropped from the symbols palette.
Working in Diagram View
- Pointing and typing anywhere on the workspace is a quick way to add an unlinked idea / symbol
- When you type, a new symbol is automatically created
- Use the 'Create' tool to add a linked idea / symbol
- When a symbol is selected, the 'Link' tool can be used to connect it to another linked idea or symbol.
- When two ideas or symbols are linked, a text box appears to enable labelling
Switching to Outline View
- Select the 'Outline' icon at the top left of the screen, to view your diagram in text format
- To add a new Topic, select the Topic icon
- To add a note to the topic, select the 'Note' icon
- To revert back to Diagram view, simply select the Diagram icon at the top of the screen: