Students access their Office 365 (O365) email account via the web using Outlook Web App (OWA), which is opened using a web browser (IE, Chrome, Firefox or Safari)
If accessing from a college computer on campus, this link is shown on the student intranet home page after you login into a college computer, as shown below:
If accessing from a non-college computer/device (externally), then this is via the external portal page. The portal link is located in the top right hand corner of the homepage on the college's external website - www.bruford.ac.uk
Once on the portal page, click on the 'OFFICE 365 OWA (STUDENT)' link, which will take you directly to the college's 'Office 365 Services' (ADFS) login page
The portal page is shown on the left image above, and the login page is above (right hand image) which you enter your college email address and SSO password
When prompted the username must be entered in UPN format - which is the same as your full email address
Do not use any other link to access your email via a web browser or save any link/URL beyond the portal page
What you'll see the first time you login
You will first be prompted to choose a language and time zone
You will then see the usual interface
- Create a new message by clicking New mail
- Folder list. The folder list includes the folders in your mailbox. It may include other folders, such as Favorites and archive folders. You can collapse this pane by clicking the folder icon at the top. You can expand and collapse folders in this view by clicking the triangle icons next to the folder names.
- Search window. Type what you want to search for here, such as the name of a person you want to find messages from, or text that you want to search for to find a particular message.
- The message list is a list of the messages in the current folder. Each entry in the list view has additional information, such as how many unread messages there are in a conversation, or if there’s an attachment, flag, or category associated with any messages in the conversation. A conversation can have one or more messages. When a conversation is selected, you can delete it, add a flag, or add a category by clicking the icons. At the top of the list view are filters that you can click to quickly find messages that are unread, that include your name in the To or the Cc line, or that have been flagged. In addition to the filters, you’ll see the name of the folder you’re viewing and the view that you’ve selected.
- The reading pane is where the conversation that you’ve selected is displayed. You can respond to any message in the conversation by using Reply, Reply all or Forward at the top of a message to respond to it.
- When attaching files to an email please note that there is a limit of 5MB per email, so if you need to send anything bigger please use a file share link using either OneDrive, Sharefile or and external service like Google Drive, DropBox, Box, JumpShare, WeTransfer, FileDropper