RBC Yammer Acceptable Use Policy
Welcome to Yammer! Our goal is to provide a collaborative environment to connect with staff and students, and bridge various courses and projects to share meaningful information.
Your activity in this network is governed by the following requirements:
- Everything in Yammer stays in Yammer! (No public posts or Tweets, etc).
- Please do not post confidential information into the main feed.
- Be respectful to other student and staff members. It is acceptable to disagree, but please do so in a respectful manner.
- Add value with each post.
- You are responsible for the material you post to Yammer.
- It is important to substantiate ideas, but please keep messages brief and to the point.
Get started by following these Best Practices:
- When you first join, select the colleagues you want to follow. Posts from these colleagues will appear in your Following feed. To see all company posts, select All.
- Fill out your Profile information and be sure to add a Profile picture.
- Customize your email preferences in the Notifications section.
- Before asking a question, use the search bar and explore the Topics feed to explore existing content. This will help limit repetitive messages.
- Browse the Group directory and join Groups that you find important. If a specific Group does not exist, start a new one and invite members of your team to contribute messages. For best results, use Groups as a replacement for existing email groups.
- Add Topics, Links, pictures, and Events to posts when applicable.
- Use the Yammer FAQ’s and How-To-Guide to help clarify common concerns.
- Take time to explore Yammer- you’ll get the hang of it!
Post a ‘Question’ or send a Direct Message to Marc Wilson with any specific questions.